Last updated December 30, 2013
Fluke Corporation has created this privacy statement to demonstrate our commitment to privacy, and to ensure you are aware of our latest position regarding privacy.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in the interactive areas of our Services, fill out a form, provide us with your business card or other contact information, participate in a contest or promotion, complete a survey, sign up to receive one of our newsletters, make a purchase, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, company name and contact details, job title, industry sector, photographs, videos and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your mobile device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as web beacons) are used to enhance your experience by allowing us to tailor our content based on your interests and distinguish you from other users of our Services. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that does not contain any personal data, and that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device. A cookie can contain information, such as a user ID or preferences, which the Services use to personalize content, track the pages you've visited or to save your password so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Services. We do not track your personal data through cookies, unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering or logging on to our Services. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies or other tracking mechanisms necessary to make our Services function as intended. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart.
- Analytical/Performance Cookies: They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Services. This helps us to improve the way our Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). They may also be used to recognize you when you return to our Services.
- Third-Party Cookies: We may allow third parties to place cookies on your device for advertising and analytics purposes. For more information about these cookies, please see "Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices
- Resolve technical issues related to the Services, and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, surveys, contests, promotions, rewards and events offered by Fluke and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services
- Personalize and improve the Services, and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
Fluke Biomedical is based in the United States. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With our parent company, Danaher Corporation, and other entities in our corporate family
- With distributors, resellers and channel partners in connection with the sale of our products and for their own marketing purposes (please see "Your Privacy Rights" below for more information about your choices with respect to this type of sharing)
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Fluke or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
- With your consent or at your direction
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Fluke Biomedical takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Your Privacy Rights
As described above, we may share information about you with third parties for their own marketing purposes. To opt out of having your information shared in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to deactivate or delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Fluke by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Fluke Corporation - Fluke Biomedical Web
PO Box 9090, M/S 25OE
Everett, WA 98203